The British King Charles III. has been discharged from a private London hospital following scheduled treatment for an enlarged prostate, Buckingham Palace said in a statement on Monday. The palace said the monarch had “postponed upcoming public appearances to allow for a period of private recreation.”
When the palace first announced the upcoming procedure, it said the king’s condition was harmless, and last week it conveyed a message from Charles saying he was “delighted to learn that his diagnosis is having a positive impact on him.” public health awareness.”
No further information about the king’s treatment was released before his release on Monday, and it was unclear how long he would be away from work during his recovery.
“Like thousands of men each year, the King underwent treatment for an enlarged prostate,” Buckingham Palace said in its first statement announcing the unspecified “corrective procedure.” It said his public appearances would be “postponed for a short recovery period.”
Charles was admitted to the same private hospital as his daughter-in-law,, underwent unspecified abdominal surgery. She was too on Monday, according to a statement previously released by Kensington Palace.