|Women Back to Work is very excited to partner with our client, Farmers Insurance on an Associate Data Engineer role for a returner. If you have a career break but looking to return to the workforce, this could be the opportunity for you!
Our client is looking for a Associate Data Engineer this is a direct-hire role. If you are interested in this role, please connect with Mrunal Bhaisare at 408-907-7709 or email your resume to: [email protected]
Primary Skills: Data Pipeline, DB Model, Data Modelling, ETL, Agile
Contract Type: W2
Duration: Direct Hire
Pay Range: $35-55/hr DOE and residing location We are Farmers!
We are more than just your favorite commercials. We are a passionate, award winning, equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. We are dedicated to supporting the well-being of our people through our extensive suite of benefits, as well as the well-being of the communities we serve through employee volunteer programs and nonprofit partnerships. Helping others in their time of need isn’t just our business it’s our culture! We are Farmers!
Do you thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy the challenge of a position where no two days are alike? We are looking for positive, high-energy professionals who are not just looking for a job, but a meaningful career!
Job Summary Responsible for acquiring, curating, and publishing data both on prem and in the cloud for analytical or operational uses for simple and basic scenarios. Ensures the data is in a ready-to-use form that creates a single version of the truth across all data consumers, including business/technology users, reporting and visualization specialists and data scientists with significant coaching and support. Utilizes skills to translate business analytic requests/requirements into design, development, testing, deployment, and production maintenance tasks. Utilizes knowledge of various technologies from big data, relational and non-relational databases, cloud environments, different programming languages and various reporting tools but requires training as needed.
Essential Job Functions
- Consults on data projects of limited complexity, with coaching and guidance, to understand design requirement and existing business processes to lead in the design, development, and implementation of data products.
- Practices code management and integration with current architectural and data governance guidelines with oversight by leadership.
- Produces data building blocks, data models, and data flows for varying client requests such as dimensional data, standard and ad hoc reporting, data feeds, dashboard reporting, and data science research & exploration with assistance and coaching.
- Creates business user access methods to structured and unstructured data.
- Utilizes techniques such as mapping data to a common data model, natural language processing, transforming data as necessary to satisfy business rules, AI, statistical computations, and validation of data content.
- Translates business data stories into a technical story breakdown structure and work estimate for a schedule or planned agile sprint.
- Projects are basic in nature and require coaching and assistance from leadership.
- Develops and maintains simple scalable data pipelines for both streaming and batch requirements and builds out new API integrations to support increased demands of data volume and complexity.
- Preps/cleanses data to optimize for downstream reporting via Farmers standard visualization or AI/Client tools with significant coaching and feedback.
- Applies basic knowledge of data governance concepts with little to no experience in application.
- Executes on mid size projects within timelines.
- Executes on defined projects with some guidance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-2 years related experience required.